Water cover two thirds of our planet. Little wonder it’s so gosh-darn ever-present in our lives:
- Water is rain, snowflakes, and hailstones.
- Water is fog and steam.
- Water plays in streams, rivers, and waterfalls.
- Water gathers placidly in lakes and broods in the vast oceans of planet Earth.
- Water carries life through our veins and fills our cells.
- The human fetus is 90% water.
- The newborn infant is 75-80% water.
- The adult human body is two-thirds water (50% by weight).
- The brain and heart are 73% water.
- The lungs are approximately 83% water.
- The human body’s water content can fall to just 40% to 50% in a dehydrated aged person. And that isn’t good.
- With the loss of water, the brain and neurons shrink and the person becomes senile and withers away.
- On a purely physical level, water helps the cells transport nutrients and oxygen throughout the body.
- Water helps your body get rid of waste, balances your biochemical composition, and aids digestion.
- Water in the form of sweat keeps your body from overheating.
We must heal ourselves constantly with water, by drinking enough but never too much, since too much or too little water can have unpleasant and even dire consequences.
- Too much water causes “water intoxication.” Sodium in the blood becomes diluted, and fluids begin to move out of the blood into the cells. The cells swell, causing headaches, nausea, vomiting, and in severe cases, death.
- Too little water may cause symptoms of dehydration such as headache, fatigue, dizziness, cramping, low blood pressure, and constipation. Even mild dehydration can cause our overall energy level to drop by up to 40%.
Ayurvedic and other Eastern and Western energy medicines look beyond the biochemical properties and physiologic effects of water. These wise old medicines think of water, along with earth, air, fire, and ether (the subtle element through which astral energies flow) as the fabric of our existence. These subtle energies are the foundation of the physical organs, and play a role in each person’s emotional make-up.
Spiritual seekers experience these subtle energies when they interiorize their attention and journey in consciousness through the subtle energetic channels of the astral spine.
The sacral or svadhisthana (second) chakra is associated with the element of water. When the water element is out of balance, a person may be fearful or lacking in confidence, instead of able to flow with change.
The water element is said to control the sex organs and kidneys, thus a physical water imbalance may be reflected in related disorders.
Water resonates with its environment. Water can actually pick up and transport vibrational information, as demonstrated by Masaru Emoto, a scientists known as the Messenger of Water.
Emoto has shown that water shapes itself into beautiful or chaotic crystalline patterns, according to the positive or negative influences to which it is exposed.
Thoughts, words, sounds, light, and color all have power to transform water. In turn, when we drink water, we absorb these vibrations, which can affect the water molecules that make up so much of our bodies.
Harmonious music, and words of love and peace, cause water to shape itself into beautiful crystalline structures. Violent words and jarring music create muddied, weak, dis‑integrated structures.
This is true whether the words are spoken or written, since written words carry thoughts.
Evocative words change the vibrational quality of water, which can, in turn, change us.
Think of the percentage of water in every organ and system of the body, and then think of the impact that every word you speak and every thought you think can have, to heal or harm you and others.
In light of how water can absorb and transmit consciousness, the health impacts of pure, fresh spring water versus fluoridated, chlorinated, and otherwise contaminated tap water seem obvious.
Take heed of the energetic impact of solar rays, moonbeams, wind, earth, and fire elements on water. Choose your water carefully, and use your water well. Bless it and purify it, and you will be blessed and purified.
For information about the services we offer at Pacific Naturopathic, please give us a call at 650-961-1660, use the convenient Contact Form to get in touch, or follow the link to: Consultations – Pacific Naturopathic. Thank you!