Breast thermography risk assessments are based, in part, on temperature differentials between the breasts. Therefore, it’s important to follow these simple directions before your exam to avoid influences that could impact your temperature.
- On the day of the exam, avoid hot showers, hot tubs, saunas, steam baths, heating pads, or hot water bottles.
- Do not shave your underarms or use deodorant or other creams or lotions.
- Do not drink hot beverages or beverages containing caffeine or alcohol, smoke cigarettes, or take in products containing nicotine.
- Avoid cell phone use.
- Avoid eating or chewing gum.
- Ideally, do not wear a bra or a tight top prior to the exam.
- Avoid heated car seats.
- Reschedule if you are having a fever.
- Let the technician know if you are having a hot flash during the exam.
A stable temperature, plus the cooling of our thermography exam room, will help ensure accurate results.
- • •
Our thermography exam schedule is changing. To schedule an appointment, call us at (650) 961-1660.
To find out more about breast thermography at Pacific Naturopathic, follow this link.