Last week we talked about the return of IV curcumin as a powerful therapy for a variety of conditions.
Curcumin is notoriously difficult to absorb when taken orally as pills or powder. However, having said that, we believe we’ve found the most absorbable oral form available.
The TetraCumin brand is the only brand that features the bioactive curcumin metabolite, Tetrahydrocurcumin.
(Deep Product Facts: TetraCumin is complexed in a CyLoc molecular food matrix to further ensure maximum solubility, optimal bioavailability, and rapid delivery throughout the intestinal tract.)
- TetraCumin supports and maintains a normal inflammatory response.
- Provides antioxidant and cell-protective activity.
- Supports a healthy gastrointestinal environment.
- Supports optimal lipid profiles and cardiovascular health.
- Provides relief from occasional joint and muscle soreness.
- Available in two formulas: TetraCumin QR for quick release to address acute situations, and TetraCumin SR for sustained release in chronic conditions.
Both versions are available in our office for $53 each.
Dr. Marcel’s Turmeric Brussel Sprouts
Brussel sprouts are low in saturated fat and very low in cholesterol – they are also a good source of thiamin, riboflavin, iron, magnesium, phosphorus, and copper, and a very good source of dietary fiber, Vitamin A, Vitamin C, Vitamin K, Vitamin B6, folate, potassium, and manganese.
- 30 medium-sized Brussels sprouts. Wash well. Cut end off each sprout, and peel off and discard the outer leaves. Cut each sprout into quarters lengthwise.
- 1 large onion, diced
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste, dissolved in
¼ cup red wine
¼ cup water
Juice of one lime
- 1 rounded teaspoon turmeric
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- Chopped cilantro
- 2 tablespoons chopped walnuts
- Steam the Brussels sprouts and set aside. They should be soft but not mushy.
- Sauté the onion in coconut oil until soft and semi-transparent.
- Add garlic and sauté for another two minutes, stirring every 15 seconds or so.
- Add the tomato paste mixture, add turmeric and salt, stirring vigorously to mix all ingredients together.
- Add the steamed Brussels sprouts, stirring until all ingredients are mixed well and sprouts are warm.
- Garnish with chopped cilantro and walnuts. Serve immediately.